Ladies and gentlemen, The SkyDance Bridge.
Designed by Butzer Design Partnership (who also did the OKC Bombing Memorial, for those of you unfamiliar with their work), this pedestrian bridge is set to be completed in conjuction with the new I-40 relocation. It is a link between downtown and the Oklahoma River and will stretch across this new portion of I-40.
Cool, Right?
The design is based off the "dance" the Scissortail Flycatcher (Oklahoma's state bird!) does in the wind... as it comes sweeping down the plain... or whatever. It is supposedly going to be real well lit so it will practically glow in the nighttime sky.
Certainly iconic and most definitley a landmark, I'd say.
It was supposed to be completed in 2010, but I think we can all assume that's not going to happen because (A) most of us Oklahoma City folks still have no idea this is in the making and (B) what construction is actually completed on time?
There are some great things in the works for Oklahoma City. With Classen Curve already sprouting businesses, signs going up for the outlet mall right off of I-40, funding complete for this SkyDance Bridge, and plans approved for an OKC Central Park of sorts, it's an exciting time for our beloved city! I'd recommend you look into some of the plans OKC has for various projects to help our city boom. You might be pretty impressed...


No comments:
Post a Comment